Probina Sofia Sergeevna, Postgraduate student, Interregional Open Social Institute (28 Prokhorova street, Yoshkar-Ola, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The family, motherhood, childhood and fatherhood are socially significant institutions of society. However, if the first three have been sufficiently researched, the fatherhood institution is poorly studied. The article analyzes the legislation to regulate the rights and duties of the father in the family in the context of the principle of equality of parental rights.
Materials and methods. The sources of the present research were normative legal acts of the Russian Federation, in particular the Constitution of the Russian Federation and the Family code of the Russian Federation. The following methods were used: analysis, synthesis, formal legal, comparative legal.
Results. The article brings to a clonclusion that for the most part the rights and obligations of the father and the mother according to the legislation of the Russian Federation are equal. The realization of rights and responsibilities by fathers, enshrined in legislation, largely depends on the attitude of fathers themselves. The article discusses issues concerning actualization of the role of fatherhood in the Russian society.
Conclusions. The author emphasizes the necessity of strengthening the institution of fatherhood in the Russian Federation, enhancing the role of the father in strengthening the family institution.
father, mother, institution of fatherhood, principle of equality of the rights of parents, family
1. Druzhinin V. N. Psikhologicheskie tipy sem'i v evropeyskoy kul'ture [Psychological family types in the European culture]. Moscow, 1995, 170 p.
2. Lopin R. A. Sem'ya – kul'tura – obrazovanie v izmenyayushcheysya Rossii: Materialy Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Family – culture – education in a changing Russia: Proceedings of the Al-Russian scientific and practical conference]. Saratov, 2009, pp. 45–47.
3. Derevyanko P. A. Konstitutsionno-pravovoy institut ottsovstva v Rossiyskoy Federatsii: avtoref. dis. kand. yurid. nauk [The constitutional-legal institution of fatherhood in the Russian Federation: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of juridical sciences]. Belgorod, 2012, 24 p. Available at: http://www.lawtech.ru/ document/2012avtoref739 (accessed Sept. 29, 2016).
4. Konstitutsiya Rossiyskoy Federatsii (prinyata vsenarodnym golosovaniem 12.12.1993) (s uchetom popravok, vnesennykh Zakonami RF o popravkakh k Konstitutsii RF ot
30.12.2008 № 6-FKZ, ot 30.12.2008 № 7-FKZ, ot 05.02.2014 № 2-FKZ, ot 21.07.2014 № 11-FKZ) [The Constitutions of the Russian Federation (adopted by the nationwide vote on 12.12.1993) (subject to amendments introduced by RF laws on amendments to the RF Constitution from 30.12.2008 № 6-FKZ, from 30.12.2008 № 7-FKZ, from 05.02.2014 № 2-FKZ, from 21.07.2014 № 11-FKZ)]. RRS “ConsultantPlus” (accessed Sept. 29, 2016).
5. Semeynyy kodeks Rossiyskoy Federatsii ot 29.12.1995 № 223-FZ (red. ot 30.12.2015) [The Family Code of the Russian Federation from 29.12.1995 № 223-FZ (revised on 30.12.2015)]. RRS “ConsultantPlus” (accessed Sept. 29, 2016).
6. Niftalieva T. Internet-interv'yu «O kontseptsii gosudarstvennoy semeynoy politiki» s E. B. Mizulinoy [Online interview “On the conception of state family policy” with E. B. Mizulina]. Legal information portal GARANT.RU. Available at: http://www. garant.ru/interview/244534/#ixzz4DHeWg91m (accessed Sept. 29, 2016).
7. Kuznetsova O. V. Vestnik Chelyabinskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of Chelyabinsk state university]. 2015, no. 17 (372), pp. 89–94. Available at: http://www. lib.csu.ru/vch/372/015.pdf (accessed Sept. 29, 2016).